The holidays are here! I rounded up some of my favorite children’s books for this holiday season and added some new ones as well! The imagery and stories are inventive, creative and just seriously cute.
*This post may contain affiliate links
- Tough Cookie This inventive story celebrates the joy of being accepted for who we are.
- Polar Express A young boy, lying awake one Christmas Eve, is welcomed aboard a magical train to the North Pole. The Polar Express makes its way to the city atop the world, where the boy will make his Christmas wish.
- Together Together is the story of a little boy who visits Santa, but instead of asking for gifts he tells Santa he simply wants to spend time together with his family enjoying all of their favorite holiday traditions.
- Last Stop On The Reindeer Express Christmas is coming but Mia has no time to send the card she made to Grandpa, who lives far away. But when she stumbles across a magical mailbox, Mia finds herself inside the Reindeer Express and is whisked away on an exciting voyage over many exotic lands, reaching Grandpa just in time.
- Tallula’s Nutcracker It’s Christmastime, and Tallulah finally gets what she’s been wishing to be a part in a real ballet, a professional production of The Nutcracker. She’s only a mouse, but she works as hard as if she had been cast as the Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Twas The Night Before Christmas This one haven’t gotten my hands on just yet but just by looking at the title and illustration on the front cover, I can tell it’s going to be a good one.
- Snow Sisters Just like snowflakes, no two sisters are alike, but together, they can share the perfect snow day.
- The Little Reindeer An enchanting Christmas story about a magical yet unlikely friendship between a little girl and a lost reindeer sure to be a Christmas classic lovingly told and illustrated with red foil highlights and interactive die cuts.
- Little Red Sleigh The Little Red Sleigh has one big dream to one day become Santa’s big red sleigh. All her life, she’s been told she’s too small, she’s too young, she can’t fly, and she certainly can’t meet Santa. Well, this Christmas, with the help of some friends, she’s determined to do the impossible.
- Pick A Pine Tree Part of the magic of the Christmas season stems from the traditions that families and friends take part in every year, hanging up stockings, putting lights in the windows and one of the most important of all, picking out and taking home the Christmas tree.
- Grandmas Sugar Cookie This sweet book’s illustrations and simple, rhyming text portray animal grandmothers and grandchildren as they share special moments while baking cookies together.
- Mice Skating For most field mice, winter means burrowing down and snuggling in. But not for Lucy! She loves snow crunching under her paws and wearing a fluffy wool hat. Most of all, Lucy loves to skate, and she’s just ACHING to show off her new skill with her friends.
- The Great Spruce This book is about a young boy and his grandpas find a way to save his favorite tree in this heartwarming Christmas tale.
- The Wish Tree Charles wants to find a wish tree. His brother and sister don’t believe there is such a thing, but his trusty companion Boggan is ready to join Charles on a journey to find out. And along the way, they discover that wishes can come true in the most unexpected ways.
- Olive The Reindeer This sweet book is about a dog name Olive, who she thinks is a Reindeer.
- Waltz Of The Snowflakes This gorgeous wordless picture book celebrates the magic of theater and The Nutcracker as seen through the eyes of a young girl and her grandmother.